We’ve just announced the first Wintervale of the season! Join us this Sunday, January 6th from 10 – 2 for some free, family-friendly winter fun.
When weather permits, Local Motion and volunteers will groom a 3-mile XC ski trail in Burlington’s Intervale for both classic and skate skiers. Staying active in the winter can be a challenge, so we hope this will help more people enjoy being outdoors in the colder months! Get current ski conditions here. Intervale x-country ski is sponsored by Burlington Parks & Rec and Vermont Design Works.
Join Us for Wintervale Days 2013! Wintervale Days are sponsored by City Market/Onion River Co-op.
Wintervale Days are free and open to the public. All ages welcome.
How it works: As soon as it snows, check this site and get ready to have some cross-country ski fun! We will promote a Wintervale Day via this website and Local Motion’s x-country ski page starting the Monday before the event (which will always be on a Saturday or Sunday).
When: Saturdays or Sundays (dates TBD, depending on the weather) between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
**First Wintervale – Sunday January 6 from 10 – 2
Where: Burlington’s Intervale at 282 Intervale Road (former site of Intervale Compost Products)
- Free ski and snowshoe rentals for the whole family, thanks to Burlington Parks & Rec, Catamount Trail Association, Skirack, and Winooski Valley Park District
- Kids’ activities and games, thanks to RunVermont and Winooski Valley Park District
- Hot chocolate provided by Lake Champlain Chocolates
- Lessons and demonstrations – previous demos have included skate skiing and skijoring!
- Learn how to identify trees in winter on nature walks with the Intervale Conservation Nursery
Other fun winter activities:
Full Moon Walk at the Ethan Allen Homestead in Burlington, VT (this is a Winooski Valley Park District event)
Sunday January 27, 2013 from 6-8pm
Enjoy an evening stroll through the moonlight on a winter’s night along the trails at the Ethan Allen Homestead in Burlington. The WVPD will provide snowshoes to those who need them. After the walk we’ll enjoy hot chocolate by a campfire. Meet at the Picnic Shelter at 6pm. FREE. Please register for this event by contacting Lauren Chicote at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 863-5744. Space is limited to 10 people.
WINTERVALE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: