The 2007 Producer Survey
In 2007, the Intervale Center conducted a farmer survey to determine the challenges and opportunities available in agricultural production and marketing in Chittenden and the five surrounding counties. In particular, our research focused on the interest and capacity for Vermont farmers to expand production and increase marketing outlets. Additionally, the survey explored farmer interest in collaborative marketing and shared season-extending storage facilities. The following reports detail our findings:
- (2007) Intervale Center. Sample of the 2007 Producer Survey
- (2008) Intervale Center.Vermont Farm Producer Survey: Preliminary Report
- (2008) Schattman, Rachel. Maintaining Farm Identity through Alternative Marketing Practices
- (2009) Intervale Center. Expanding Local Food Production, Storage, and Marketing Capacity in Vermont: Results from the 2007 Farm Producer Survey
Consumer – Demand Research
In addition to our supply-side research, the Intervale Center has researched consumer demand from households, restaurants and institutional markets.
- (2007) Abda, Lauren. Determining the Feasibility of the Burlington Food Hub Among Chittenden County Restaurants (results from the 2007 chef survey)
- (2008) Intervale Center. Explaining Chittenden County Food Expenditures
- (2009) McKellips, Beth. Laying the Groundwork: A Snapshot of a Regional Food System in Chittenden and Surrounding Counties
Additional Food Systems Research
- (2007) Intervale Center. Moving Food: How Farmers and Nonprofits are Building Localized Food Systems for the Twenty-First Century
- (2008) Intervale Center. Food Systems: Annotated Bibliography
Our research continues! Check back for new reports and updates.